To my wonderful, supportive Google Friend Connect Followers:
Were you aware that Google Friend Connect is eliminating their services for all non-Blogger blogs? As of March 1st, the box to the right that displays those who follow my blog will disappear, and so will my connection with all of those followers.
So, what does this mean?
Well, there are other sites out there that allow a similar service, like Linky Followers and BlogLovin’ and of course there is still the option to keep up with my posts through email subscription and RSS feed. But before I decided what to do, I thought I’d ask all of my readers: how do you read this blog?
- Do you visit at random, checking to see if there’s been an update when you think about it?
- Do you follow in a reader (like Google Reader?)
- Do you subscribe via email or RSS feed?
- Do you link over from another blogger’s website?
- Do you receive notices of new posts through Twitter?
Of course, Google would like to see those of us losing their service move over to Google+, which has a similar feel to Facebook. I’m upset at the thought of losing my followers, but do not want to make a decision for an alternative solution without your input. To my blogger friends who are not blogging through Blogger – what are you doing to prepare for Google Friend Connect’s demise?
Thank you for your thoughts on this!