Final Farewell to The Hate-Loss Challenge
Self Reflection is one of the hardest things to do because we’re forced to stop and take a look at who we really are, both inside and out. We spent the month of January staring down our reflections and standing up for ourselves. I am proud of what we’ve accomplished here this month and I hope you think so, too.
Before we officially retire our HL Challenge badge for the year, I’d like to say:
….thanks to those who provided me with feedback (positive and negative) on what you liked and didn’t like about the Challenge. Your comments will help shape next year’s challenge and make it even better.
….congratulations to those of you who completed exercises that were especially difficult.
Just a few of the things that participants accomplished this month:
- you committed yourself to setting dates that you’ve been avoiding. One of you decided it was time for a major move to another state.
- you posted a vlog.
- you treated yourselves to some very deserving things like new nail polish and massages.
- you performed random acts of kindness from helping your elderly neighbors to assisting strangers in picking out stationary, to driving 4 hours round trip in order to help out a friend in need.
- You realized that there is no perfect moment. You decided it was time for a long overdue portrait with a photographer; you let go of your long locks and gave yourself a short (and beautiful) new haircut.
- you planted and nurtured a small, inner seed that grew every time you said to yourself, I am beautiful; I am worthy; I am remarkable.
- you conquered some inner demons, let go of some bad memories and forgave yourself for past mistakes.
- you committed yourself to doing a challenge – and you despise challenges!
There is so much more I could write, but really, the main thing I want remembered is this: I hope you all move into the month of February – this month of love – respecting, appreciating and admiring yourselves half as much as I do you.
Be proud of yourselves….
The comments section today will be left WIDE open for suggestions, questions, reactions, whatever you want to say about this Challenge. Now is your time to take the platform and give me feedback on where we succeeded as well as where we dropped the ball.
Would you like to see this challenge become a yearly event?
Were the exercises too difficult? Too easy? Too personal? Right on target?
What did you like most about this Challenge? What did you like least?
Did you follow through with the daily affirmations? Should we have dedicated more time to that topic or was it just enough?
Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for being part of a great month here on my blog. I couldn’t have done it without you